What have I been up to? 2020 edition
I have been fairly active when it comes to making things in my off-hours.
I worked on Spargus Vehicle Prototype, which is an attempt to get a similar feel of the dune buggies in Jak 3. I plan on having a thorough post about it soon, so I'm just teasing it here. Andy Gavin himself forwarded me to the programmer who made the Jak 3 buggies. I'll have our email exchange as well as plenty of videos once I write the full article.
base2.0, my simple SFML wrapper library I wrote over six years ago, has gotten a few updates. Primarily, it now builds more dependencies from source, and has imgui built in by default. The library is in need of a sprucing up; I think I'll make "base3.0" in order to preserve compatibility with my old projects.
Japanese study software
- typhon2 and its ancestor typhon became my LingQ replacement. I had wanted an app which didn't require me to add the dictionary entries like LingQ did. I did not create typhon, but I made some modifications to make it more usable on my new e-Ink tablet. I've been chatting with the creator of Typhon about getting an updated version online so that more people can enjoy it
- JapaneseForMe is a collection of scripts and code which I've been experimenting with in order to enhance my Japanese study. The most interesting script might be the VideoToEpub script, which uses a Japanese subtitles file to turn a video into an ebook. This is useful because I can then "read the episode" on my e-ink tablet, at my own pace